July 3, 2009

Jonas Brothers

We have a fun 4th of July weekend planned filled with lots of family time. This morning I told my husband that he and the kiddos need to make a concerted effort to do something dumb/obnoxious/funny/ridiculous/annoying, etc. over the next few days because they haven't done anything funny for my blog lately.

He told me that I am just not seeing the funny in things. I found that very interesting and possibly true. Life has been a bit crazy around here and maybe I haven't taken the time to notice the funny things in our life. Maybe they aren't always so obvious and sometimes you might have to look for them. So here is my effort:

A commercial for the Jonas Brothers TV show came on and I told my husband I had seen somewhere that one of them had gotten engaged. Several discussions about our opinions of the brothers and the whole mania over them ensued which eventually led us into a discussion about how one of the Jonas Brothers looks like my husband's business partner. Our daughter joined the conversation at this point.

E: "Which one are you talking about?"

ME: "I have no idea which one is which, but we are talking about the one who looks kind of like Frankie."

E: "Oh, that's Nick."

Hubby and I busted out laughing. As far as we know, never in her 4 1/2 years has she heard a Jonas Brothers' song, seen a video or watched their TV show - how in the heck does she know which one is which? I have no idea if she was correct or not because I can't tell them apart and actually don't even know all their names. However, we found it hilarious how confident she was of her answer.

The more I think about it, that is less funny and really more horrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, now talk to me...