I completely stole this idea from Yankovich 6 Pack and I am really glad I did.
I asked my daughter to make a list of 30 things she wanted to do this summer and I have shared it below:
1) Go swimming (sweet! we have already done that like 7 times!)
2) Go to the spray park at Uncle Bucky's. (Note: My brother is Uncle Bucky. Bucky is not his name but that is how she said "Uncle Brett" when she was little and it has stuck. Also, Uncle Bucky lives in Washington DC and has a spray park 3 houses down from his house. This one is probably not gonna happen.)
3) Have a little jog
4) Buy special kid jog clothes (what is with her and jogging?)
5) Go to the park (again DONE!)
6) Take a walk in the stroller (We do this all the time. Maybe we have not done it since it was technically "school is out for summer summer time" but we can check this off really easily)
8) Collect leaves
9) Go to the neighborhood park. (There is a tiny little thing I guess you could call a park at 75th and Mission - a major intersection by our house. There is literally a bench there and that is it but since we drive by it 1,435 times a day she really wants to go. I can accommodate that request - maybe we will even walk there in the stroller. Look at me killing lots of birds with very few stones.)
10) Go to the beach. (Hmmm. Oh wait we are going to my parents lake house and we can totally find a beach there. It will be an Oklahoma beach and I don't think that is probably what she is wanting - but it's not my fault she wasn't very specific.)
11) Get the mail (We will do this 5 times a week for the entire summer. She is going to be in hog heaven.)
12) Got to a garden to see pretty things. (Is that a diss on our landscaping?)
13) Have a bike ride (Super simple to accomplish numerous times. This kid is easy!)
14) Buy another snow globe when we go visit Uncle Bucky. (I just visited Uncle Bucky when on my business trip this past weekend. I got her a snow globe and her brother broke within 24 hours of us having it. But yeah, we still aren't going to DC...)
15) Help daddy build a lemonade stand. (Strangely she did not mention actually selling lemonade)
16) Hug and kiss Z. (Seriously how cute is our kid?)
17) Go shopping, like for toys (I knew it had to show up somewhere)
18) Drive to Pump It Up. (Ummm... do we have to go in?)
19) Plant some flowers (again dissing our landscaping)
20) Have a nice, cozy summer. (Oh my gosh. Heart melting. Cute kid)
21) Play the farmer in the dell. And then she said: "Don't worry I will teach you."
22) Get more nail polish. (This kid has like 12 bottles of polish but heck her summer wish list is so easy I think I can accommodate this one.)
23) Buy some sunglasses (Good plan)
24) Cook with mommy (Fortunately she is too young to realize I CANNOT cook.)
25) Do a secret for mommy because you are such a nice mommy. (Aaaah. Probably buttering me up so we can do #17)
26) Make a rainbow. (I mean wow, she is so stinkin' cute)
27) Do the outside exercise. (She loves it when I come home from a jog and I bench press her in our front yard.)
28) Take gymnastics
29) Get my own candle in case my room smells stinky. (Huh??)
30) Play pretend
This has got to be a new tradition. I am going to ask my kids to make this list each summer and see what they say. This was too cute and I am going to to feel like a rock star mom by the end of the summer because we can do just about everything on here!
What do your kids want to do this summer?
I’m all about that basement.
2 days ago