Wow, I'm the worst person back from hiatus ever. But I have an excuse, actually like 401 of them. Here goes:
1) Decided on a Monday we were going to rent our house out instead of sell it. Had to find renters.
2) Found them by Wednesday. Realized on Thursday we had to move out so they could move in.
3) Found movers.
4) They came 7 days later.
5) However, 4 days after we knew we were moving but 3 days before movers were coming we had 30 people at our house for end of year soccer party. "Welcome to our home, do you mind packing that glass after you use it? Thanks much!"
6) Husband was out of town for work 95% of this time.
7) Parents Day Out ends for son, so he is home - husband out of town, so he is not. I had to pack.
8) Son got stomach flu and threw up for 4 days.
9) Daughter's last day of school came the day before the big move. Lots of end of school yearish things to attend.
10) Movers came. Was not prepared. Was stuffing random doll shoes and dog brushes in boxes as they were carrying them out to the truck.
11) Husband was back in town but had a video shoot on day of said move - NO HELP.
12) Moved to new house. Had to get kids rooms sleepable in about a two hour period.
13) Side note - son walked into new house and exclaimed "Wow, what a lame house!" Then he went on excitedly talking about how lame everything was. I'm thinking he didn't quite know the meaning of that word. At least I'm hoping he didn't because I've been killing myself here trying to move us all into the home where all of their childhood memories will be held. Ungrateful kid...
14) Husband stepped on a rusty nail day 2 of new home had to get a tetnus shot. I had to unpack.
15) I stabbed myself with a rusty sewing needle day 3 of new home, had to get a tetnus shot. I had to unpack.
16) Son stepped on a carpet tack day 4 of new home- luckily dr. said he has had his tetnus shot. I had to unpack.
17) Still waiting on E to do something that merits a tetnus shot- hasn't happened yet. She is always the showoff.
18) Son turned 4. Earned worst parents of the year award by ignoring his bday on the actual day because we were having carpet installed that day. Thankfully he can't read a calendar. Had a grand family celebration the next day though. I figure it really worked in his favor since he had to stop sucking his thumb on his 4th birthday - so he got an extra day
19) Held a bday party for 8 of his closest friends four days after said birthday
20) Had a BBQ at the new house for about 12 people for a work thing for my husband.
21) Have been actively looking for a new job through all of this. Have actually applied to several and have two interviews next week.
22) Have had no cable or tv this entire time as we haven't decided which route we want to go with our service so have had to entertain the children in between unpacking boxes filled with couch pillows and lawn chemicals.
23) Interview about 20 people for an article I am writing for a local magazine.
24) Drink. Heavily. That one is self explanatory.
Whew! Okay, so maybe it is only like 24 excuses but I still think I have been one busy person. Sorry. Really I am going to get back to blogging. Try and carry on all of you my loyal readers (dad), I know it will be hard but it will be worth the wait. Thanks!!!
2 months ago